From our engineering and project management offices in Ely, near Cambridge, and fabrication and assembly facility in Swansea, South Wales, Oil & Gas Systems’ undertakes the complete design and supply of skid mounted or packaged equipment for the oil, gas and power industries, gas turbine producers and EPC companies.
We are seeking a qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) accountant to head up our Finance team (consisting of a Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant and Bookkeeper). This is an outstanding opportunity to lead an enthusiastic team and shape the direction of the company. This role requires a hands-on approach to deal with the day to day management of the function whilst also reporting upwards to the Board of Directors.
Main duties include:
- Producing annual accounts and budgets
- Preparation, review and presentation of monthly management accounts, including variance analysis and KPIs.
- Leading detailed project accounting and analysis.
- Detailed cash flow forecasts and cash management
- Leading the finance function to ensure effective and robust controls and processes
- Responsibility for all financial systems to ensure critical business reports and data are delivered to schedule
- Taking a lead role in developing, implementing, analysing, maintaining and presenting strategic business and financial plans
- Organising working capital finance including letters of credit, bonds & working capital
- Responsibility for insurance, tax, auditor liaison and interaction with other advisors.
Candidates should have a flexible and proactive approach, hands-on, and ideally experience of Sage 200, strong Excel skills along with considerable experience of international business activities. The successful candidate will have exceptional commercial, financial and analytical skills, coupled with substantial post-qualification leadership experience.
The Financial Controller will be required to monitor issues of financial risk including currency exposure, supervising relations with suppliers and purchasers, VAT compliance, outsourced payroll and credit control.
This is mainly an office-based role, with occasional travel to our workshop in South Wales.
We offer a modern, completely refurbished and spacious working environment with free staff parking, within walking distance to Ely rail station. Other benefits include 25 days annual leave (in addition to Bank Holidays), Contributory Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme and optional healthcare.
To apply, please submit CV and covering letter to Shara Hayes, Office Manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org
***SORRY, NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.