Software/Firmware Engineer (Product)
The role is primarily to develop software tools for integrated and cross-correlated signal sensors that are driven by advanced physics based algorithms for complex flow applications. Reporting to the function manager and working closely with other groups and disciplines, you will:
- Deliver appropriate numerical analysis and simulations – validating it with experiments, interpreting and visualising results for accelerated product design and optimisation
- Write technical reports and memorandums, present results to various audiences, and continue to develop innovative solutions to optimise our array of products
- Be an effective member of the R&D group by sharing ideas and suggestions and providing real solutions to our product development and optimisation
- Where appropriate, take ownership of projects, coordinating with colleagues in other disciplines and managing budgetary and resource requirements and leading to ensure the project delivers to the required specification
- Be adept to PCP and project management methods such as scrum methodology leading high quality sprint meetings while motivating the team
- Show significant emotional intelligence to work with colleagues and customers – always to satisfy changing customer’s needs, and hence the scrum
- Develop firmware for embedded systems using C/C++/python to communicate with sensors and electromechanical systems
- Work closely with hardware/electrical engineers on PCB layout/testing and software to hardware interfaces
- Develop the automated system backend software with python API to communicate with / control embedded systems
- Design and develop software architecture based on system requirements
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary R&D team to meet project milestones,
- Maintain thorough and detailed written records
We are seeking a strong, multi-talented candidate to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop disruptive technologies of tomographic applications with end users primarily in the oil & gas industry but also other industries such as functional brain imaging.
- You will be a leading and an integral part of a team making decisions on the design and user experience of automated and predictive flow metering platforms and therefore you will focus on the development of both embedded firmware and software
- Qualified to degree level or higher, preferably with post-doctoral or industrial experience within recognised groups, you have experience with object oriented python to accelerate algorithm implementation in FPGA/ASIC systems
- You have experience with microcontrollers (ARM, Arduino or PIC), embedded computers and hardware integration
- You have experience with electrical engineering fundamentals, circuits, PCB design, testing, and troubleshooting
- You have experience or are in developing software architecture for automated systems and electromechanical components
- You have excellent written and oral communication, record keeping and organisation, problem solving, and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and experience in product development processes a plus.
We offer a modern, completely refurbished and spacious working environment with free staff parking, within walking distance to Ely rail station. Other benefits include 25 days annual leave (in addition to Bank Holidays), Contributory Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme and optional healthcare.
To apply, please submit CV and covering letter to Shara Hayes, Office Manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal inquiries can be sent to Dr Wes Maru, R&D Manager, OGM to email@example.com.
***SORRY, NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process (i.e. visa, EU passport, residency permit etc.)